Aug 22, 2009

A Friday in the mall.

Yesterday was friday, the only day that we didn't been assigned to any talk or event except for the night even, the Gala.
However, due to the rain the the morning, the Gala got cancelled and thus, there was zero campus event for us yesterday.

So, we spent the whole day with SHOPPING in the CoralRidge Mall.

It was our first time to put our foot on the shopping mall in the states.
It isn't a really big shopping mall and i think the only retail shop that attracts me would be GAP.
It is something like the Jusco, Bukit Tinggi; even I feel that Jusco also better than it.
For all the sudden, I miss my time in Sunway Pyramid, Midvalley, One Utama, KL Pavillion, Jusco Bkt.Tinggi, and others.
I miss Malaysia, and I really become to be more patriotic after coming to the states.
Malaysia is so damn bloody NICE!

We took 2 buses to get to the coralridge.
I bought a cheap Nike Shoe with a price of $34.99 but having an ugly appearance. There was no sales at the moment so I couldn't really get any nice and cheap stuff.
However, it was my very first Nike shoe and I like it eventhough it's really ugly looking.

After that, we spent some times in Target, a supermart.
I bought some foods there, some dry foods so that I would not need to go to the mart so often.
Besides of food, I bought 2 sweaters with the price of $10.99 which considers as quite cheap over here. The fall is just around the corner and my sweaters are definitely not enough.

Another chinese type lunch and dinner we had after getting out from Target. It was the 4th chinese food we had for the whole week and I was like getting bored of it. I chose to ate that at the first place because I thought it served with 虾姑(a big shrimp), a food that I love so much. However, it was Beijing beef and I was so regret for getting another chinese food for the meal.

After the meal, we stopped at a shop that was having a great sales for the WOMEN!
Gosh! Why so unfair?! No matter there is a sale or not, I managed to get a vex for myself at that store, with a price that I quite struggled with it.
But, I really do need it for my fall, therefore I bought it eventhough it was not as cheap as those sales item.
Until now, I also haven't feeling any regret of buying it because it really looks nice with me and normally it priced at $25-$40 where I got it for $20.

After that was a superb boring time for me. The girls went into GAP for one hour and more to get their clothes. I was sitting outside all alone and watching over the 3 trolleys that we got from the Target. It was an hour sitting, with doing nothing. Lots of Americans passed by and some of them were looking at me with a weird sight. What I could do was pretending that I don't care and I do care indeed.
I went into GAP as they were done buying and I found a jacket that I really like it. I tried to get it into promotion scale but I failed to do that. It is $98, which really not worthy buying for me. It is an luxury item and what I really need is a cheap and warming jacket. That's what I've told myself about.

It was 7pm and finally my another two seniors arrived. They said maybe there will be a mega sales slightly before the winter so what we can do is wait patiently for the winter clothes.
Another short walk we had with the seniors and the time came to 9pm, the closing time of the mall.

From 1pm and we walked until 9pm in the mall, which really amazed me. We can't underestimate the ability of women especially when they are happy shopping.

Get to the dorm, and had a nice talk with my roommate. Noted down all the expenses I've made and would try to budget everything before any spending in the future.

A tiring Friday I had for the first week in the states.

1 comment:

  1. woo..
    nice shoe^^
    i dont even have nike or adidas shoe b4..
    =)

    ReplyDelete